Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Two Things

Yesterday when I got in my car to go see Daniel get sworn into the Army, I discovered two things sitting in the front seat. Daniel had cleaned out his jeep because we are selling it from him while he is gone. Most of his things he took into the house, but he quietly left his Bible and his graduation tassle in the front seat of my car. I really thought nothing of it, even thinking that he had just placed them there possibly out of laziness of not wanting to carry them in the house or maybe not knowing what to do with them? This morning on my way to work, I thought about them some more as they still sit in my car. These two items represent Daniel's two biggest accomplishments to date -- his faith in Jesus Christ and his graduation from high school. He is now off taking the next biggest step of his life. I feel honored that he has entrusted me with these items until he can return for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment