Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pictures!

No, I don't have any pictures of Daniel. I don't even have an address yet. I'm stalking the mailman. I think I'm going to go ahead and start writing to him anyhow, then I will have some cards and letters ready to go as soon as I do get an address.

In the meantime, I found these pictures on the Fort Leonard Wood facebook page (see link below). Although I don't think Daniel is in any of these pictures, it gives me some comfort knowing what he was going through and doing last week. The machine to measure their feet and tell them which running shoes to buy is very interesting. I can't wait to ask Daniel about that.

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=95922720027#/album.php?aid=139893&id=95922720027

It is my understanding that Daniel will ship "down range" either today or Friday to begin his actual training. He is going to be a combat engineer, so he'll get to do some of the other training shown in the pictures, including driving the bulldozer. I know he'll enjoy that! He'll also have to participate in some of the less-desirable training, including going into the gas tank. Ick!

As part of my letters to Daniel, I plan to include "surveys" that I hope he will complete. I want to ask him specific questions about his experience. I'll post his answers on here as well. If there is anything specific you'd like to know from him, please post a comment here or send me an email and I'll include it in one of the surveys for him.

I am very grateful that Daniel's recruiter was pretty honest with him about what to expect. I am also especially grateful and proud of my son and others like him are willing to make the sacrifice! Please continue to keep Daniel (and all of his "battle buddies") in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment