Tuesday, January 26, 2010

starting to freak out

Daniel has been gone for 3 weeks today. I think I've been doing really well and actually been pretty patient waiting to hear from him. The last time I heard from him was on the bus between the airport and the base on Jan. 5. Since then, I've received the form postcard and the form letter from his commander, but nothing directly from Daniel.

I have made connections with the mother and the wife of two soldiers in Daniel's platoon. They have both received phone calls and letters, so I don't think it is a matter of the guys not earning the privilege.

The tip of the iceberg on my worry train was last night. I saw a facebook post from the mother of one of the soldiers in Daniel's platoon. She got a letter from her son that he has injured his knee and and is currently in physical therapy. I am shocked that she wasn't somehow made aware of this until she got her son's letter four days after the fact. I would certainly think the Army would've let him call under those circumstances?

I'm starting to freak out that Daniel is hurt or for some other reason isn't participating with the rest of his platoon? I've sent him postage stamps and a calling card. My mind is probably just getting the best of me, and I need to stop worrying ... please pray for peace and comfort for me, and that Daniel writes or calls his mother soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment