Sunday, January 24, 2010

missing him

I posted on Facebook this week about how much I was missing Daniel. Shortly thereafter, a good friend sent me this message that made my day:

In John 16, where Jesus was trying to explain to the disciples about how he would be gone from them and He would return, they were confused. He explained to them that they would be very sad for what the world would do to Him (Jesus). Then he continued. May His Word touch your sadness and replace it with peace. Denise

[from The Message] John 16:

21-23 "When a woman gives birth, she has a hard time, there's no getting around it. But when the baby is born, there is joy in the birth. This new life in the world wipes out memory of the pain. The sadness you have rigght now is similar to that pain, but the coming joy is also similar. When I see you again, you'll be full of joy, and it will be a joy no one can rob from you. You'll no longer be so full of questions.

23-24 "This is what I want you to do: Ask the Father for whatever is in keeping with the things I've revealed to you. Ask in my name, according to my will, and He'll most certainly give it to you. Your joy will be a river overflowing its banks!"

I still haven't heard from Daniel directly, but I have made contact (via Facebook) with two other people who have loved ones in Daniel's platoon. This does make me feel closer to him, and I am getting some information via letters they've received from their loved ones.

I shared Daniel's address with several people today at a family get together as well as at church. I hope that ya'll will write to him soon. Regardless of whether or not Daniel is able to write back, I know that he appreciates it. Please know that although Daniel can't have any care packages yet, he can receive: cough drops, mole skin (cut in the useable sizes since they can't have scissors), long distance phone cards, and postage stamps.

I also encourage you to share scripture with Daniel. You can do so either in your letters, by posting comments to this blog, or by emailing me directly at lyndalhart@gmail.com.

According to information I've been able to find, this coming week may be the worst week of bootcamp yet. One of the things they'll have to do this week is go into a gas chamber with and without a gas mask! Daniel can use all of the prayers and support that we can send to him. The following week (if they pass all of the requirements this week), they will move into "white phase" which is slightly calmer with a few more freedoms.

Daniel is an incredible young man who has never given up and always follows what he believes is God's perfect will for his life. I don't expect that to change! I am grateful for your prayers, and I know he is too.

You can do it son!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment