Thursday, January 7, 2010

high of 6 degrees

Weather.com predicts a high of 6 degrees in Fort Leonard Wood tomorrow. Who is going to be there to make sure Daniel wears a coat? He needs his mommy!

In all seriousness, I've been told that this is unseasonably cold weather even for Missouri. Fortunately, his temperatures are predicted to get up into the high 30s next week. It will be like a heat wave for him after this week.

On a separate topic, I was told before he left that he would get a "three minute phone call" to let me know that he had arrived safely. The last I heard from him, he was on the bus between the airport and the base. I can only assume that he arrived safely. (I'm sure I would have heard if he didn't.) I know that there are a lot of rumors and speculations about what really goes on at boot camp. Perhaps this was just another rumor? I'm sure looking forward to hearing something ... ANYTHING from him.

If you would like his address to write to him directly, please post a comment or email me at lyndalhart@gmail.com and I will send it to you (as soon as I receive it). For his protection and safety, I have been advised not to post his full address publicly on any website. (Unfortunately, there are weirdos out there who wish or threaten harm to our soldiers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment