Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Meeting other parents in the same boat

Today, I found another parent of a 21b (combat engineer) future soldier who arrived at Fort Leonard Wood on the same day that Daniel did (Jan. 4). We connected through the Fort Leonard Wood page on facebook. We are thinking that our boys may be in the same unit. I am so glad to have another "connection" to Daniel.

I am still hoping that I get a real letter or phone call from Daniel soon. I am so anxious to hear from him. I know that he is safe and incredibly busy in intense training, so I feel a bit selfish about needing/wanting him to communicate with me. I trust that God will keep him safe and that Daniel is doing everything that he needs to do to be a well trained soldier.

I noticed when writing to the other mother that I "met" through facebook that I kept referring to our sons as "boys." I am still having some difficulty seeing him as a young man! But I know that is exactly what he is. He is a man of GOD! And he will soon be a solider in the US Army. (I've been told that he isn't officially a "soldier" until after his 9th week of training, which is the end of the boot camp portion of his training and the beginning of his combat engineer training, although he'll be training with the same drill sergeants for the entire time he's there.)

I am so proud of the decisions that Daniel has made and the decisions that he continues to make. I love him soooo much! He has been called by God, and he is doing what he has been called to do. What else could I ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment