Monday, February 22, 2010

a veteran's salute

I sent an email to the church prayer group today, requesting prayer for Daniel as he is struggling at this point in his training. I received this fabulous email in return. He asked me to send it on to Daniel, and I intend to do that!

We that have been where he is now, know that the job is hard, and time to sleep and rest is short. What he is going through is not only a test for him, but this is to show him, that he can do much more than he thinks he can. The strength he possess is much more than he normally would ever use. Basic is meant to show him this. After basic, the service will become more like a job and not a test. I used to say, "I wouldn't wish "Basic," on my worst enemy!" It is more than tuff! He must remember it is only a learning / teaching time and what he learns will benefit him the rest of his life. He must use his strong ties to the Lord now and always. It will get him through anything! Those of us, brothers and sisters, that have been there, and are still there, will always support him, respect and honor him as a patriot. One that loves his Lord, and under God, his country.

In the service, a salute is only to someone you think very highly of and really respect. I salute Daniel, for what he is doing now and what he will be, after he accomplishes this job and his duty. I salute his mom, for giving such a great son, to serve the Lord and our country. If it wasn't for the Lord, and those that serve, we would not have now, the freedoms we have in this great country. The Boy Scouts said it pretty good. Daniel, do your best, to do your duty, to God and country. Most of all, I believe this with all my heart. Stay close to the Lord. All things can be done through him.


Our prayers are with you, and all those like you. Be proud of what you are. An American, under GOD, that loves the Lord!

God Bless,
Jim Cowart
U.S Army Veteran
1968-1971

No comments:

Post a Comment