Saturday, February 27, 2010

"the rock"

During one of my conversations with Daniel this week, we were talking about nicknames. I asked him if his drill sergeants had given him any nicknames, and he said that they were calling him "the rock," because he is hard-headed. I told him he comes by that trait honest, and it isn't completely a bad thing.

We also talked about how "the rock" should actually be perceived in many ways as a good thing. I reminded him that Jesus called his disciple Simon Peter the rock, and that Peter was quite hard-headed. Hard-headedness doesn't mean that he is unteachable, much to the contrary. The rock is a firm foundation, and I believe that Daniel has that. He comes from strong roots, and as he grows, he will learn that more and more. He is unwavering in his beliefs which is all very positive. I believe he is now convinced that being "the rock" is a good thing. He will truly be one that his comrades can count on.

No comments:

Post a Comment