Friday, March 12, 2010

today's the day

Today's the day ...

Today's the day that my wonderful husband and soulmate Lee was born 47 years ago. I am so very blessed to have him in my life! We've been together nearly 15 years and married 14 years in May. He is my best friend. I love him more than words can express. I don't know what I did to deserve him. God has been so good to us both. I am especially grateful for the fact that, he chose Daniel to be his son and me to be his wife. He is the most wonderful husband and father to our children that I could ever ask for.

But this blog isn't about Lee ... Today marks another incredibly important day in our family's history ...

Today is the day that Daniel has taken his next important step. Today, Daniel became a SOLDIER in the United States Army. This is the day that he has been working for and looking forward to for the past nine weeks. Today is the culmination and recognition for all that he has accomplished. Today, even his drill sergeants recognize him for the strong and courageous young man that he is. Today, these new soldiers are issued their berets and are permitted to wear their class A (dress uniforms) for the first time. It is an incredible honor for them. They deserve to be proud of what they have accomplished. I am very proud of what he has accomplished! He has overcome far and beyond what any of the "experts" thought he could do. He even exceeded my expectations, but we never ever gave up on him, and we never ever told him that he couldn't do anything. He now has six weeks of job skills training to be a combat engineer. He will learn to build bridges and other structures, drive bulldozers, and blow things up. He will continue to train with his same drill sergeants, but they will seem to be more human now. Lee and mom and I will travel to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri for his family day and graduation on April 22/23. I can't wait to see him!

I am so blessed to have two such amazing men in my life. They are truly heros! Not only in the sense of their official duties -- Lee as a firefighter and Daniel as a soldier -- but also heros in the fact that they are true men of God. They never give up on themselves (or me). They are an inspiration to others. And I am proud to call them mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment